God Is One Textbook Questions And Answers Of ICSE Board Class 8 Moral Science
You are going to go through God Is One Textbook Questions And Answers OF ICSE Board Class 8 Moral Science. Understanding a text meticulously in its entirety is very important for a learner for scoring better in the exam. Experts made ample to ensure a thorough critical and line-by-line analysis. Let us find God Is One Textbook Questions And Answers OF ICSE Board Class 8 Moral Science.
Textbook Questions And Answers
1. What do you mean by worship?
Ans: The mode of expressing one’s belief in God is called worship.
2. What do you mean by religion?
Ans: A religion is a fundamental set of beliefs, symbols and practices agreed upon by a group of people. These beliefs include some devotional and ritual observances. Religion comes up with a moral code that governs the conduct of human affairs of that particular religion.
3. How are the basic teachings of all the religions the same?
Ans: The basic teachings of all the religions are the same, that is, a person should realise his self, perform good deeds, love his fellow beings, and stay devoted to God so as to attain happiness and peace of mind.
4. How can we show religious tolerance?
Ans: Being tolerant and loving towards all regions shows one’s reverence towards God. This can be done through the principle of universal brotherhood. Showing respect and acceptance towards all religions is a way of being tolerant to them. We should believe that all religions are equal and have faith in God.
5. Mark the statements as correct or wrong:
- Worshipping God is the duty of mankind. – Correct.
- All the people of the world practice the same religion. – Wrong.
- People of all religions call God by one common name. – Wrong.
- God is one. – Correct.
- All religions are equal. – Correct.
6. Match the religions with their Gods:
Christianity Jesus Christ
7. What is your opinion as regards God?
a) There is only one God who takes care of the entire world.
b) There are different Gods who take care of the people of their religions.
Ans: a) There is only one God who takes care of the entire world.
8. Surf the Internet to find quotations from the following holy books:
a) The Bhagavad Gita: “Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is!”
b) The Bible: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”
c) The Quran: “Guide us to the straight path.”
d) The Guru Granth Sahib: “A saint is better off without bathing. A thief is always a thief whether he bathes in sacred waters, or not.”
e) The Zend Avesta: “God bears in mind all prayers made to Him, past, present, and future; those made by ordinary people as well as the believers in many gods.”